ON THE WHEEL

ON THE WHEEL

Oftentimes, when I'm on the wheel driving, I found myself making best and accurate decisions that ensure I got to my destinations at best of time with little or no stress. Sometimes, it could mean staying on a particular lane or taking a route by instinct. At such times, I feel like the best driver in the world, and why shouldn't I be, since that is our core message at *Driveria*. 

Unfortunately, today was not one of such days. I was supposed to drive straight through a road, but on sighting the traffic ahead, I swerved to an alternative road which was supposed to be free of traffic, but alas, I was dead wrong. I ended up spending one hour plus for a journey of at most ten minutes,no matter the traffic involved in the straight road.

As I sat back this night, I wonder how many of us try to cheat life by choosing supposedly the easy path, but ended up having our fingers burnt. As I drove through those traffic, I became tired and got angry such that I practically became offensive with any driver that tried to manouver himself ahead of me. So it's with us in life, whenever we deviate from the right path, we lost ourselves, our emotions, our sense of judgment, and people around us become the victims of our poor judgement. 

Friends, life journey like physical journey to a good and reliable driver (such as we have at www.driveria.com.ng) should be exciting, fun, and pleasurable; but we won't enjoy the ride of life if we don't learn to take life as it comes.

Going through life like a *Commando*, (by the way, how many of us remember that movie, yeah, I can see you smiling) will make us to lose some of the pleasures and fun that life offers. By the way, *Commando* was a movie every guy of my age enjoyed so much, if I'm wrong, someone should correct me.

Pals, it's time to slow down a bit, for it's like we have been trying to outrun our own shadow. In the journey of life, learn to give your best no matter the cost, but don't be surprised, if you found your best isn't enough to produce your desired results. 

At such moment of seemly motion without movement, step back and rewind, take a stock of your life, you will certainly see some things to be grateful for. Re-equip yourself with capacity, build your character, build your self-esteem, make new alliances if need be, pray more if necessary and see the wonders of God in your life when you pick up again. 

Have a great weekend! 

*Sanmi Adekola*
Founder, Driveria,
www.driveria.com.ng

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 - A YEAR OF DECISION

LIFE VOYAGE IS ROOTED IN BILLOWS

THE CITY OF LAGOS by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie,