My Life, Your Life: Why does it exist?

What can amuse a man?
What can save him from his misery?
What can conquer his fears?
What can wreck his anxiety?
What? What? What?

Perhaps a pot of gold will do-
To buy him all the world.
Nope, a pot of soup may suffice-
To fill his empty stomach;
Better; power of whatever kind-
To massage his ego.

My mind tell me,
I crave for an answer,
Like the philosophers,
I search for meaning to life's
Unanswered questions:

The questions within questions,
The answer within answers,
To life mysteries, miseries and hopes,
Told infinitely by tale-bearers.

Daily we wake up,
Daily we grow,
Daily we live,
Daily we die.

The rich cry,
The poor groan,
That which make us laugh,
Sometimes make us weep;
Success not an escape from solitary.

Liberty is not an antidote to pain,
Money not an insurance against misery,
Power does not guarantee safety,
Faith not an insulator against fate.

So what is life itself,
Your life, my life, our lives,
What is it worth?
Why does it exists? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 - A YEAR OF DECISION

LIFE VOYAGE IS ROOTED IN BILLOWS

THE CITY OF LAGOS by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie,