APC IN LAGOS STATE: TO BE OR NOT TO BE?

APC IN LAGOS STATE: TO BE OR NOT TO BE? By Adekola James Sanmi

Permit me to join the current debate on whether @OfficialAPCNg in Lagos State is to continue in power or not? If you asked me whether the party should continue to preside over the affairs of Lagos State, my answer is YES. #LessWeForget

I was about finishing my secondary school then, when I first cast my vote for the progressive party in 1999; and I must tell you I've never regretted doing that ever since then. We may not be where we out to be, but we are far from where we are coming from. #LessWeForget

Those who say the party doesn't deserve continuity either have false memory, or they don't know where the State is coming from, and or are doing so for pursuit of personal greed. To me, the journey of @APCNigeria in Lagos has been a worthwhile adventure. #LessWeForget

As a student, I remembered seeing lifeless bodies on the streets of Lagos,  apart from the dirt on d streets until his Excellency @AsiwajuTinubu brought @Lawma_gov as a solution. The rest, they say, is history. While we may not have achieved total cleanness, Lagos isn't where it used to be. #LessWeForget

At a time, the whole of Lagos can't boast of up to five standardized General Hospitals, today the State have over twenty General Hospitals with countless Primary Health Centres, which in other States are General Hospitals on their own merits. #LessWeForget

Many roads we complained of potholes of today we're once thick bushes, unpassable at certain times of the day. The Iju /Pencinema Road was once haven for armed bandits such that after 7pm u may not see buses to convey you to Iju & environs. #LessWeForget

Same with other infrastructures that have made Lagos a city of destination. At a time, there were no bridges in Abule Egba, the Cable bridge was not in existence, the Lekki bridge was no where, the flyovers like Julius Berger Flyovers weren't there.#LessWeForget

To those that knew the state of roads like Kudirat Abiola road, College Road, Wemco Road and other roads litre around Lagos in 1999; and what they are today, will not say @OfficialAPCNg in Lagos doesn't deserve continuity. #LessWeForget

Like other States of the Federation, @followlasg was also going cap in hand to Abuja to collect allocation & was practically handicapped without it; but today, the State is just one out few States in the country who can survive without Federal allocation. #LessWeForget

At a time in Lagos State, insecurity and crimes were the order of the day. Our lives and properties were unsaved till @tundefashola govt introduced the Lagos State Security Trust Fund. Up till then, robbers looted the banks at daylights.  #LessWeForget

I particularly remembered  day armed gangs invaded banks on Iju Rd, shooting sporadically leading to the death (if I'm correct of a secondary student: #TopeAdedigba with several injured. I was one of the lucky survivors on that day. @followlasg made the state safer. #LessWeForget

Though I was fortunate to attend private school, but I remembered at a time, there were no Millennium Secondary School Buildings. Students sat on the floor & were subjected to inhuman treatment. The successive @followlasg built these MSSB,  may not be adequate but it's not like they used to be. #LessWeForget

Not until His Excellency @AkinwunmiAmbode came, there was no @LSETF that have changed the face of SMEs & Medium Enterprises in the State. Personally, I know of those who benefited from the scheme without knowing anybody.  #LessWeForget

I could go on but I've limited time,  I tell you for free that the @apc_lagos has changed d face of Lagos such that nobody can become somebody without knowing anybody. It can be better but we are far from where we used to be.  #LessWeForget

Without mincing word, I hereby enjoined everyone to go out to vote for the All Progressives Congress come Saturday 9th March, 2019 as it can only get better with the duo of Babajide Sanwoolu and Obafemi Hamzat as Governor and Deputy Governor respectively.

NB: Please note my used of APC in this tweets represents the metamorphosis of the party from Alliance for Democracy to Action Congress to Action Congress of Nigeria to the present All Progressives Congress.  #LessWeForget

This an abridge version of my tweets @sanmiadekola on Twitter. Please follow for more info.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 - A YEAR OF DECISION

LIFE VOYAGE IS ROOTED IN BILLOWS

CLIMATE CHANGE AND THE CHALLENGE OF DEVELOPMENT IN AFRICA – A NEO-MARXIAN PERSPECTIVE